Per the NPS website: "The national park system comprises 401 areas covering more than 84 million acres in every state (except Delaware), the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. These areas include national parks, monuments, battlefields, military parks, historical parks, historic sites, lakeshores, seashores, recreation areas, scenic rivers and trails, and the White House."
The following is:
Polly's Suggested National Park Travel Guide
If you're headed to the West:
Southern Oregon is home to Crater Lake National Park - gorgeous!!
- Olympic NP, Washington
- Badlands and Wind Cave NP and Mt. Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota
- 22 national parks in New York
- Shenandoah NP in Virginia's Blue Ridge mountains (miles and miles of trails in this state as well)
- Great Smoky Mountain NP in North Carolina
- Everglades NP, the southernmost tip of Florida
- Hot Springs NP in Arkansas
- Big Bend NP in western Texas
- Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe NPs in New
Do you have a favorite vacation spot? Best vacation memory? Future vacation plans? Book inspired by a place you've visited?