wishes i would not want to come true
1) Skydive. My father assured me that if I were to jump from a perfectly sound, operational airplane, pulled the chute and floated to the ground, I would immediately want to do it again. That was his experience which I assured him, would have to do as the only one in our family to claim it. Not happening.
3) Work in a manufacturing plant where you have to put a tiny gadget together, tighten 4 screws or loop wires. I had a roommate in college who worked at Bell Telephone company doing such a job: tightened screws on the metal casing at the bottom of desk top phones. For 8 hours. With two 15 minute breaks. Five days a week. And this was before Ipods, Walkman's or any mobile listening device you could plug into your ears and listen to anything to distract you from the tedium of the job.
4) Be on a reality TV show. Not that being on one is remotely possible, because why would I be? Chasing off groundhogs, possums and armadillos or working against the wake of a speed boat while I'm kayaking are the most interesting things a viewer would see in my world. Ratings would plummet. In Week Two.
5) Learn to play a steel guitar, zither or pan pipes. The first two are just downright painful to listen to. Talk about strike a bad chord. The pipes, supposed relaxation and calm inducers, are simply annoying and make me tense.
8) Chase storms. Of any kind. Oh, I understand having a fascination with their development and unerring ability to destruct and destroy whatever they encounter, but to want to see all that mayhem way too up close and personal? Uh, no.
9) Work at a dry cleaners. They're hot, smelly and you have to handle all those dirty items that people you do not know don't want to, or can't clean themselves.
10) Be a bug exterminator. Not because I'm a fan of bugs. The job has got to be boring, stinky and requires you to go into unsavory, dark places that only bugs should be in.
11) Collect snails. Even worse, de-slime them so they can be eaten. Have you seen what has to be done to these gastropod mollusks to make them ready for human consumption?! Blech! :-[[[
I like to float on water as much as the next gal, however, all the hoopla about the beneficial health effects of spending time in one of these will not convince me to get into a soundproof tank filled with epsom salt water. Nothing about doing that is remotely appealing.